Monday, February 8, 2010
Winter in the Ogden Valley
It is such a beautiful day today. Unusual as it may seem, we have not had a bright sunny day for quite awhile. Even though Northern Utah has not received a great amount of precipitation this year, we have a couple of feet of snow here in Eden. I was down in Bountiful on Saturday and there is no snow down there. I guess it has been snowing in the mountains where it is most needed. The picture I've included is of a waterfall at the mouth of Ogden Canyon. As the water falls, it freezes into beautiful ice cascades.
As for an update on my knee surgery, it does seem to be improving. I was very disappointed when I went to the doctor for my follow-up visit and he told me that there is a place on my knee where it is bone on bone. He said that someday I will be a candidate for knee replacement. Yuck!!! The idea of it grosses me out. I asked him how long he thought my knee might last and he said there is no way of knowing. He said I may be back a year from now or it could be twenty years. I was advised that I should do no high-impact exercises so I can preserve what I do have. You can be sure I will follow his instruction. The only thing that is bothering me right now and causes me to still walk stiff-legged is a painful catching and popping that happens when I bend my knee at a certain point. I understand that will go away as the ligaments and tendons heal from the surgery.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love that waterfall pic. I saw that and wanted a pic of it. very cool.
Post a Comment