I included this picture to show the new kind of beauty we have near our home when winter replaces autumn. As we were driving around the lake, I was astonished by the beauty of the reflection of the mountain in the lake. It is one of those pictures that you can't tell which side is up.
I know you will think I have no brains when I say that I volunteered to have the Relief Society come to my home as a part of the Christmas home tour. As of December 8th, I had not put up one Christmas decoration and the home tour was scheduled for the 17th. I had to take some fast action. The hardest thing for me is deciding where to put everything. I ended up trying some new things that I really liked. I took pictures so that next year I don't have to think about where I will put things. I have also packed all my Christmas decorations away according to the room they will go in. The next three pictures show the new placement of my decorations. Steve liked the finished product.
We had family and some friends over on Christmas Eve for dinner and a traditional Christmas program. We showed a video from The Church of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints on the Nativity while Steve read the Luke II account from the scriptures. We also showed a DVD story about how the song "I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day" was written with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir singing the song. Allison sang "Jesus Was No Ordinary Man" by Janice Kapp Perry. There was a good spirit and afterward, everyone opened some gifts. We had a fun evening, but I was too busy to take pictures.
We had a great Christmas Day. Steve gave me some snow shoes and poles. Here is a picture of me snow shoeing. It is a close-up because I took the picture of myself. I went on a trail by the lake and had a great time, but I was physically wiped out for the rest of the day.
1 comment:
It is so fun to read your blog. I love that photo of the lake. So beautiful!
Post a Comment