Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving Day in St. George

I was home from Arizona for only one day before we were to leave for St. George to spend Thanksgiving Day with my parents. All of my children and their families were able to come except Brooke and her family. Sixteen of us were there. When I told my mom a couple of months previous that we wanted to come down for Thanksgiving, they were over-joyed. I told them I would prepare the dinner, but she called me back a couple of days later and said that they wanted to have the dinner catered. They wanted us to be able to relax and visit and have a good time and not have to worry about preparing dinner. As you will see, we had a feast.


My parents had not met their newest great-grandchild, Hallie Kate, until they came for Thanksgiving. We could now take a four-generation picture with my mom (Evelyn), me (Nadine), my daughter Katie, and her daughter Hallie. That was a first for our family.

The gorgious, delicious food....



Everyone seems to be enjoying themselves.


Proud Grandpa with his newest granddaughter.

After dinner, we sat aroud and visited.



Allison sang her new Christmas song.

McKenzie did some gymnastics routines.

Kerby did some stand-up comedy.

Jake also got in the act.
Everyone had a great time and all of us were especially grateful to Grandma and Grandpa Olsen for all they did to make this such a wonderful celebration. Thanks!!!




















No comments: