Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day - May 11, 2008

Brooke and Kim knew it would be a very long time before I got around to creating my own blog, so they set one up for me as a part of my Mother's Day gift. I thought I'd better use my gift.

It has been a pleasant day. We had everyone who lives close-by over last Sunday so this Sunday has been a quiet one except for the phone ringing, but I've loved talking to all of my children.

It was a lovely day here in Eden. I keep hoping Spring is here to stay, but I heard a weather blurb on the TV suggesting the nasty "S" word (snow). I hope that doesn't mean here in Eden. It is beautiful here, but the winter was brutal. We are ready for Spring. It was in the 60's yesterday and believe it or not, the pool was open and kids were swimming in it. Now that's desperate. Just so that you can see how beautiful it is in this valley, here is a picture from last fall.




Now if I told you how much snow we had this winter, you would probably think I was exaggerating, so here's the proof.





We survived it. I am just grateful I had a four-wheel drive vehicle.

3 comments:

kim said...

Mom
I love your pictures. They are great. It will be so fun to see what you put on your blog. love ya

Brooke said...

I am so excited for you to have a blog. I know it will take practice, but give it a few days, and you will be a pro. I love you! Happy Mother's Day!

Brooke said...

Ok, now you need to add to your blog every once in awhile. Also, you need to send the link to all of your friends, family, and missionaries so people can keep up on you and dad. That will also give you inspiration to blog more often. Love ya!